Annual CVAP Sponsored Philanthropic Activities
CVAP, as well as our individual members, are extremely active within each of our communities. As a group, we sponsor 5 annual and continuing philanthropic activities:
Fall and Spring Fundraising Events
Books for Children Project
Santa's Toys Drive
Dollars for Scholars
Annual Christmas Gift Drive
Each year the CVAP donates unwrapped gifts and/or clothes to a Desert Charity that supports needy families and children. These gifts and clothes were donated to Vqriety, thye Children's Charity of the Desert. Other years we have donated to the Coachella Valley Rescue Mission and the 29 Palms Marine base..
Annual Books for Children Project
Each year the CVAP Chair of the Books for Children Project selects a school to help establish or build a library. We receive lists of authors or book titles that are recommended by the principal or librarian. Last year we donated 129 books and $845.00 in cash to buy books for Valle Del Sol Elementary School in Coachella, California. The school libraries support an elementary school population of approximately 600 to 800 students.
Non-Profit Organizations Within Our Membership
CVAP promotes philanthropic efforts in our communities. Many of our monthly program speakers are invited to speak in depth about their nonprofit organization. We also include the name of the philanthropy of each NPC member sorority in our annual roster and showcase nonprofit organizations in our newsletter. Many of our members are active within their local sorority alumnae chapters supporting their individual community service organizations.
Philanthropic Efforts in Our Communities
As individuals, our members are active and on the boards of numerous nonprofits in the Coachella Valley. The following is a list of some of the non-profit organizations in our desert community to which they belong.
- The Living Desert
- Coachella Valley Boys & Girls Clubs
- California State University Santa Barbara in Coachella Valley
- The Palm Springs High School ―Spirit of the Sands‖ Jazz Band
- Breast Cancer Research Organizations
- Crohn‘s and Colitis Foundation
- National Panhellenic Conference
- World Affairs of the Desert Council – CVAP Presentation at World Affairs Dinner
- Trojan League Associates of the Desert
- USC Alumni Association
- Patrons & Muses of the McCallum Theatre
- College of the Desert Foundation
- American Heart Association – Go Red For Women
- The Lincoln Club
- World Affairs of the Desert Council
- Loving All Animals
- Soroptimist International
- Angel View
- The Virginia Waring
- International Piano Competition
- Act for MS
- WineWomen PSP
- Guide Dogs for the Blind
- The Braille Institute of Rancho Mirage
- The Garden Club
- ..... to name a few!
♦ Friendship ♦ Leadership ♦ Scholarship ♦ Enlightenment ♦ Philanthropy ♦